Thursday, April 9, 2009

vacation day

Tuesday was like a vacation day for me. Celia watched the big kids so I could go to chapel at Regent. What a treat. Hopefully I will get a chance to post more on that later. I came back from Regent enjoyed some lunch and then we walked to the beach all together - with Adam who gladly abandoned earlier plans in order to hang out and later cook an incredible indian spread for us - Lance joined us after a day of studying. I was so exhausted when we got home - that sun was something else. Here are a few photos (thanks to the Kinneys).





These wildly summerish photos are not meant to send my Alberta friends spiraling into despair - but to encourage frequent visits to this land of cherry blossoms and daffodils. Any takers?

In other news I'm very excited about a craigslist find. Remember our demolished IKEA tent? Well I found another one on craigslist for $4! It was near Kinney's place, so after leaving there we picked it up. It is an older version of the tent we had - only better, sturdier, bigger, and with a water proof floor (great for the fraser valley!). The kids practically tore it apart yesterday, we are learning to be more gentle so this one lasts awhile!

Thanks for your comments from yesterday. I am going to try to listen, and hear that voice, and to believe it is calling me softly and tenderly.

bye for now.

Aimee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was a beautiful nice hot and sun-shiny day.

i loved it.

Claire said...

Looks like so much fun! That is a beautiful picture of you Aimee.

kinneyland said...

We went to bed by 10, and still are working on dishes!
But very much worth it. When I went to work yesterday I was so confused that it was Wednesday and not Monday b/c it felt like I had just had a weekend.