On the day after Anders' six month birthday he took it upon himself to add something to his diet. Apparently breastmilk alone wasn't cutting it anymore. We put the big kids to bed and Anders was playing/army crawling around the living room. When we returned to the living room Anders was content...and very quiet...and just staying in one spot. As I walked towards him to see what he was doing it dawned on me... the cake!!!! The older kids had eaten some raspberry cake/loaf for their snack...their bowls were still on the floor. As I saw his face my stomach turned. His first food was cake! And then I ran for the camera.
Here he is in all his cakey glory, caught crumby handed. His breath smelling like raspberries.


So today, a week and a half later, he had his first parent sanctioned food. Bananas. I feel better about that. At the same time I think this is totally a third child kind of story. The first two kids got organic bananas and avocados first. Third kids gets cake... But at least I still got a picture of his first food.
All three are asleep now, so I will too. Good night.
aimee
6 comments:
what a cutie!
3'rd baby kind of thing. yes, yes, yes!
Bradleys first food was probably a wayward captian crunchie found under the couch. No pictures. :)
Anders is so cute. Growing so big.
oh man that made me laugh!!! Anders looks more like Elijah as he is growing up. super cute!
I am laughing as it almost relates to the previous post. I completly agree about being a 3rd child situation that just doesn't occur with first babies. ;) Hope you feel better now that you are off the sugar.
haha :) totally a third child - i love that you grabbed the camera :)
YAY! Go Anders Go!
Post a Comment