Monday, April 13, 2009

does eating your kids' easter candy make you a bad parent?

If you're me, the answer is yes. Today the kids were eating some candy from a little hunt we did at our house. I asked Elijah what he was going to share with me. A couple bites of sugar laden chocolate wouldn't really be too bad for this hypoglycemic mama right? Well the little lindt bunny was delicious... and about an hour later had transformed me into a headachy, grouchy bear. And after being short with both the kids and the papa I had a confession and promise to make...

"I promise I won't eat any more of the easter candy"

Why do I keep choosing to forget how badly sugar and I get along?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

that just stinks. I keep choosing to forget how badly sugar and my expanding waistline get along.

Next year maybe just eat the ears?

Anonymous said...

sugar and I don't get a long either...

but I still visit it...

trying to cut back though...

it's REAL tough!