Tuesday, April 21, 2009

intoxicating

I don't remember spring being like this. The air is so sweet, alive with blossoms. I love it here.

Yesterday it felt like summer. A long sleeved shirt was too hot. The kids and I packed a snack and headed to Vancouver to meet papa. He found us at a park and we hung out for a while and then ate supper at White Spot. Hurray for pirate packs. Anders slept through most of the meal and the older kids did really well. I turned to Lance and said, "this has been a really fun family supper out" As opposed to desperately trying to keep kids occupied while waiting for food, yanking them out from under the table where they're finding treasures of pre-chewed gum and old fries, or cleaning up endless spills. They loved their food - though Eva preferred my sweet potato fries to her regular ones. We came home and ran around our little yard for a while. One of the neighbors from our building was gardening. She exuberantly shared gardening wisdom with the kids. Eva stood rapt, just taking it all in and responding, "Yeah me too" at appropriate times. Annette (the neighbor) also invited the kids to cut some daffodils that they had been a part of planting in the fall. They were very excited, me too! She gave us some hyacinth too - which are beautiful but sooo fragrant, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by them this morning.

well, I better get back to mothering.

have a lovely day, whatever spring looks like in your neck of the woods.

aimee

4 comments:

Claire said...

I like this lovely post!

Jena said...

Am so glad you are enjoying the blessings around you.
It's about 15 degrees ABOVE in this neck of the woods, so spring is coming here too:)

Anonymous said...

yes Spring is good. short sleeves can be too, but not so perhaps in the bush of geocaching. glad you had a good experience at White Spot, mine well, haven't been AS great! you know? with the whole high chair story;)

heidi said...

hyacinth are my favourite springtime flowers. unfortunately, they don't really grow outside in this climate, so my only option is to have one in a pot in the house. yes, the scent gets VERY overwhelming!