Sunday, April 19, 2009

twice in one week and eva

I've made blueberry scones - Anneliese's, that's Kristal's mom - from the recipe on Lovella's site. Delicious.

The second time they turned out better... same recipe... but strangely enough as I was making them this morning there were a couple things on the recipe that weren't there before. That could explain the improvement this time around.

This makes sense considering the first time I made them I had to walk from the living room (where the laptop was charging) to the kitchen for each ingredient and measurement, weaving my way around hungry excited children and clothes drying on racks (the sun and rain keep taking turns around here). It was a little hectic.

I also added a little bit of extra butter this time...that could be partly it too.

Anyways they are delicious. My slight adjustments were: using half wholewheat flour, choosing lemon over orange zest, and replacing the 1/4 cup sugar with 1/8 cup xylitol (a non-sugar sweetener that mom bought and we have tried out as a treat). But if sugar and you get a long fine I'd use the real deal, it's not very much anyway.

I highly recommend any of the recipes on Lovella's site and Anneliese's too. They both also blog at Mennonite Girls Can Cook

And a couple photos of a girl I love. On this day she really reminded me of someone (clbi alumni) any guesses?






I'm off to enjoy another scone.

aimee

3 comments:

DAve and JAnie said...

What a face!!!
So you are keeping me busy with recipes to try: the peanut butter one and now scones!
Hope you have a sunny week, weather it's raining or shinning.

Anonymous said...

my guess is: Jenna! oh and a tad bit of Pete too...

LOL she is cute!

and those scones sound yummy

Anonymous said...

Oh I kind of see Robin in her too...weird