Monday, July 13, 2009

been here before...



It's our church's science camp/day camp/vbs this week. This photo captures it all. Crazy songs, actions... we've become Hasselhoff and Pandemonium again...but wait, why is Pandemonium wearing a backpack...is that a foot sticking out?

So things are a little different than 10 years ago when we worked at summer camp together! Now we've got three kids. The older two enjoyed the preschool programming prepared for volunteers' kids so we could help out. And Anders, well, he just comes along for the ride. I didn't see or hear him all morning! I lead actions, helped kids plant beans and took a lot of photos...

If I haven't already recommended it...

You can't go wrong with the Ergo baby carrier. A lifesaver!

One day down, 4 more to go! We're having a good time, remembering we like "camp" type stuff. Eva LOVES it. Learning all the actions and wanting to be a part of whatever is going on.



Elijah hangs more to the side and after quite a long time with the preschool group wanted to hang out with his dad.



It will be a full full week. Please pray for energy, good sleep and health for our family and the whole volunteer group.

See you on the other side!

Aimee

6 comments:

Jena said...

I can just hear you say "been here before". Isn't it amazing to look back ten years and see that your dreams have come true!
We are also doing VBS this week, LEif LOVES it.
Yes, see you on the other side my friend.
:) J

heidi said...

looks like a blast! i'm in the market for a new baby carrier after josh forgot our baby bjorn at the zoo...i'm thinking sling so far but its nice to get ideas of what works for other people.

Terri Boschman CityCreations said...

sooo fun... I love science for kids!

Claire said...

Aimee you look so cute!!!

Kathy said...

I think the top photo is PRICELESS.

Anonymous said...

Aw so cute!

I remember you two.

Always loved watching you at camp and hanging with you :)

College was pretty fun too with all the fun activities. I think my fav. being the one the guys planned for us girls :)