Thursday, July 30, 2009

craft shack





I spent many long wonderful hours in the craft shack. And as you can see it really is just that, a shack. But this building houses so many memories for me. Being at camp makes me miss certain people. And in the craft shack I miss Tigger. I remember the excitement of discovering primary coloured paint in the camp storage room and painting all the trim of the tables and cupboards - it still looks better than before if I do say so myself. I remember painstakingly painting our names in the rafters. And being excited to get to paint our adventure camp names there as well. I remember a lot of laughing...

So now my kids (and Sarah who was visiting) are here and doing crafts in my old domain. Here are a few pictures from today.







ps. Avey, did you do the mural in the background?
pps. Anno, I saw some photos of you in a camp album. Boy was that a long time ago

4 comments:

kortney said...

Aimee, you should post your name in the craft shack - it's my very favourite one of ever ;) I think it is by far the most creative and remember thinking, as a camper, how meaningful it was!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so adorable Aimee!

beautiful

DAve and JAnie said...

Wow, it's camp Luther! I too have so many amazing memories of that place. i never was a counselor because I did not really like kids when I was a teen. But camp was a haven for me in a rough world. What a place!
That must have been just amazing to see your little ones there. I can't imagine!

Have fun the last few days.

Avey said...

Awww - lovely old craft shack!
I did do that mural - along with Tiff. God is Good!
I loved the craft shack. I wish I could have my kids out there doing crafts one day... but we live very far away. I think you should post your name from the rafters too. I can't actually remember what it looks like anymore.