Thursday, July 30, 2009

camp wears a boy out.



the kids are loving camp...but not getting enough sleep. We've been letting them sleep in and this morning I captured a few shots of Elijah. This was one of my favorites.

actually big boys get worn out too... Lance has been speaking every morning and two evenings as well. He has loved it. Getting to prepare and study (he's teaching on the parables) and then share with the people here is something he really enjoys. But it is a lot of work. And he's putting a lot of energy into it - and doing a great job, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Anyways, he has one talk left and is now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!



Well it's time for Canteen to open. And papa has said the kids could get anything they want! He was skeptical about what I got them yesterday, wondering if I let them choose or not. I assured him that they each wanted drumsticks so that's what I got them. I then went on to proudly state how at super (when lance was doing some prep) everyone at our table had jello dessert with whip cream - no, edible oil product, Rich's whipped topping - and sprinkles, but I said no to our kids and we went to the playground instead. They were initially cranky but they got over it! Camp can't just be open season for sugar consumption!!

off we go!

Aimee

6 comments:

anno said...

Hey Aimee,
Sean was the resource person at camp a couple of years ago now, (not at Luther though) and it was so much fun to hang out there with the kids....It's neat to see it from another perspective. He hopes to work one week a year as resource into his pastor job...and we plan to go along if at all possible.

What joy!

Anno

Anonymous said...

Ya I don't really like whipped cream. I mean it looks pretty but doesn't taste good at all.

I'm glad you're having a great down-to-earth rest there at camp.

It was right at that outlet down that corridor that I was potty-trained. lol

Loved the picture of Elijah. He is adorable sleeping with his hands behind his head :)

Unknown said...

Are you sure that's your son? It looks exactly like my son 29 years ago.

arbyn said...

You're right. You're not the only one who thinks Lance is doing a great job. I heard loads of praise in his general direction tonight.

Well done!

Claire said...

that is a cool picture! Do people from Alberta go to family camp? Maybe if he's ever doing this again, we'll come!

Shannon said...

so much fun. :) Cannot wait to start taking my kiddos to camp.

Summer is not for open sugar consumption? I should think about applying this next year. I have a hard time with that in general. Between church and school, when the kids are out of my 'control' all people do is feed and reward them with sugar. Which irritates me since it means I have to be the one to say no all the time and everyone else gets to be cool for feeding them all the sugar. It isn't fair.