Monday, July 27, 2009

now we actually are here again

So at science camp it was feeling strange to back in "camp" mode. Well this week things got even stranger. We're at Camp Luther this week. Lance is speaking at family camp. I haven't worked here for 9 years. A junior counsellor walked up to me yesterday and said I was her first counsellor ever...when she was 7. Crazy. Pandemonium and Hasselhoff.

It is really good to be here. I am having to transition from serving like crazy here to receiving. I know the transition is not so cut and dried and they are always mixed. But I tend towards giving and shy away from being served. Already the counsellors have been great. Enticing our kids to interact. Taking an interest in us. I know it's there job. And they are doing it well.

Oh, and it is sweltering hot. Humind and just plain hot. Just checked the weather network. It's 31 and according to them...

feels like 40!!!! (104 F)

Well that makes me feel a little less like a complainer!

Definitely going in the lake today.

bye!

aimee

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How fun to be back at camp again!! I'm taking the boys to Mom and Kids Camp next week and am very much looking forward to it :)

Anonymous said...

the weather network...isn't it crazy though?!?! i tweeted that exact thing today on twitter...i put it in Fahrenheit for all those Americans following me there. 104F tho? eeks it sure is hot!

have a good swim?

you were my last Counselor when I was the same age as you. lol I was an 'old' teen camper, but boy was it fun!!