Sunday, July 19, 2009

strange but good

I'm sitting on a removed van seat in our garage, door open, watching my 3 year olds splash around in our kiddie pool. Eva is watering the weeds that have grown in the cracks of the driveway. Elijah is "bathtizing" himself - laying flat on his back in the now shallow pool. Eva says the plants are thanking her. Past the criss cross of electrical lines I see the neighbor's laundry blowing in the breeze and blue mountains behind that. Having your kids play on the driveway - which is the backyard - with the alley as a backdrop was never one of my dreams... but right now it feels good.

We made it through the science camp week and are now decompressing. The kids and I walked - okay, I walked, the rode the stroller - to church this morning. We are loving being so close now! Yesterday we spent some time at the farmers' market and lots of time around home settling in. Putting art up on the walls and continuing to organize. This home is just great. There are some things left to tackle - lining the kitchen cupboards for one. But we are feeling more and more at home.

Pictures will come soon.

better go, I hear the baby.

5 comments:

Avey said...

Mark and I love reading about the things your kids say and do. Bathtizing. Pretty funny.

Terri Boschman CityCreations said...

So glad that home feels good :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see pics of your new home!!

And shelf lining is always nice, especially for glasses and or things that could fall easily and hurt you :)

Your front yard does not sound ideal for the kids, but it's nice that you have a garage, that should be nice and cool to sit in.

I love that you are within walking distance now to the church/work, makes it handy for the kids to see their Papa I imagine when he's working :)

take care and God bless you all

Anonymous said...

Hi A.

We've been away & just catching up on blogs. I use baking soda in my hair but no vinegar rinse. It works really well for me.

Jeremiah and Amy said...

I like the visual picture your blog post created! It is awesome how beauty can be found even in places where you wouldn't of imagined it....especially with family around! I am excited to see a few pics of your place. Jeremiah and I will be out mid august to look for our new place. I always look on craigslist and once in awhile one pops up and i wish i could fly out and get that one..but hopefully a suite will open up that is just perfect for us when we arrive!