Wednesday, October 22, 2008

screaming and laughing

we had a very rough night with eva she had a long inconsolable screaming spell. we were really feeling for the neighbors, and i know it's a little irrational but I was fully expecting them to knock on our door and ask us to get our kid to be quiet - as if we weren't trying.

anyways, Lance finally guided her out of her wild screaming into cuddling and then sleeping. He returned to bed saying how hard it was to reconcile the extremes, she's a really sweet girl... yes, and INTENSE.

now on to laughing. The kids have been cracking us up. Here are some quotes.

1. upon seeing Elijah during a diaper change, Eva says, "Lijah's penis red. like a raspberry" it was red, a little sore, and yes, the size of a large raspberry. oh dear.

2. both Eva and Elijah, after spending much time listening to Raffi's "Baby Beluga" CD, laughed and laughed, running to Anders, giggling saying, "He's not a Baby Beluga" ... "He's a baby boy" they thought this was a great joke.

3. Eva, looking Anders right in the eyes, asked, "You love me baby?" she is intent on knowing the answer and asks this often, we assure her that yes the baby loves.

4. Elijah declared the other day that, "Baby Anders not friendly to me". Sorry Elijah, more interaction to come.

5. Last night as she was trying to fall asleep Eva was calling from her bed, "I NEED a BAFF, I NEED a BAFF". I said we could have one in the morning, she responded adamantly insisting she needed a bath because she had bees on her back and her tummy. We settled for using a wipe to wash off the "bees" - whatever they were. They returned later and Lance went in and dealt with them.

6. Elijah, many times a day will go to baby Anders and say, "I love you baby". Yesterday I was doing dishes and Anders started crying in his bouncy seat. Elijah came over to him, hugged his legs and began singing his version of a song I sing to Anders. He sang it over and over. Anders stopped crying right away.

Okay that's all for now. Grandma Kathy is on her way and Anders and I are off to the midwife's office for our three week check-up.

Aimee

ps. have you been stopping by "Soulemama"? head over for peaceful creative beautiful posts.

3 comments:

kortney said...

Aimee I like when you post real posts about being a mom like this. It's good to know that there's no such thing as a perfect mom, and screaming kids through the night happen.
Your kids also make me laugh.

Unknown said...

I love the stories, Aimee. I can't get enough of them and repeat them often to anybody who might listen. Please keep them coming. It makes me feel more connected to all of you.

Claire said...

hey...I have to say it feels good to hear about other two year olds having inconsolable screaming fits...we're there with you. And the funny stories are priceless. AND I love the soulemama blog.