Monday, October 27, 2008

brothers






Elijah is crazy about Anders. Perhaps a little too crazy. Well maybe it's just that he's unable to channel his enthusiasm into gentle age appropriate touches all the time. These pictures show the typical interactions between Elijah and Anders. Elijah is constantly bombarding Anders with kisses and exclaiming, "I be gentle I not hit"... or when any of Anders' uncontrolable limbs brush against him, "Baby Anders touched me!!!" (this is a good thing). We encourage Elijah to give gentle touches and space, and affirm him when he does, but it seems that there are also endless instances where we have to pull him off Anders and remind, or reprimand. It's hard to be two and have your brother be a fragile newborn. I do rejoice that newborns aren't as fragile as they seem, and that the distance between the bouncy seat and the kitchen floor isn't very far.

5 comments:

Demara said...

Haha, brothers? love it! Elijah is a sweet boy, and you definitely captured his love for Anders in these shots!!!

Shannon said...

so sweet though.

Jeremiah and Amy said...

Brothers....good post! My sister in law is due in january and it will be her second boy. I look forward to hear how my nephews interact as well.

anno said...

ahhhh..and you can take comfort in knowing that Anders will soon be able to withstand the toddler love...Mattea has learned, and with each day is so much stronger. It gets so much easier when the head stops flopping...
Glad your bouncy was on the floor. Mine was on the table....BAD MAMA!!!! India fell, and took the bouncy with her. Luckily baby landed on toddler, not on floor.
:)
I think number three grows up TOUGH!

anno said...

ahhhh..and you can take comfort in knowing that Anders will soon be able to withstand the toddler love...Mattea has learned, and with each day is so much stronger. It gets so much easier when the head stops flopping...
Glad your bouncy was on the floor. Mine was on the table....BAD MAMA!!!! India fell, and took the bouncy with her. Luckily baby landed on toddler, not on floor.
:)
I think number three grows up TOUGH!