the past two days I have been on my own (as in no Grandma Kathy or Lance) with the kids during the day. So far so good. Sometimes, when all three kids are in my line of sight, I am a little shocked...I have three kids, here they are right in my living room, playing, eating, crying, sleeping, laughing, snuggling. Three. It is good. And for the record, mostly so I remember, having two year old twins and a newborn is WAY easier than having newborn twins. Nothing (except higher order multiples) beats the exhaustion and overwhelmedness that accompanies newborn twins. So things are mostly going really well. Today I took my three children to the park. I consider this to be a major accomplishment. I thanked the kids - and God too - for their cooperation when it was time to leave the playground. Wearing Anders in the sling, and wrestling back arching screaming kids into the stroller would not have been fun at all. For a first solo outing with three kids it went the absolute best it could've gone.
And a photo - cause Demara wanted to see the sling. It should be of me, since I'm the one who usually wears it, but I'm also the one who usually takes the photos. This is from our walk with Odegards on the sea wall. Lance prefers our other sling with the more manly stripes, but he is man enough to wear the floral print polka dot one when his wife is too tired to keep wearing the baby. he's a good man.
3 comments:
Thank-you Aimee! It looks really good, and even good on Lance. haha Wow Anders looks so tiny in there. (it reminds me of the sling I made for our cat, Nacho, when he was a kitten, except I made it out of a very large hooded red scarf. I'm not sure it was a very good idea-that is to put a kitten in a sling-because to this day he is the only cat (that i've done this to) I've had who hates to be held! :0( Oops!)_Thanks again for the photo, it is a lovely sling and I love how there's contrasting patterns on it. Good for you on making it!
I think I am kind of stalking your page. I just love hearing the updates from your family. Way to go venturing to the park! You are such a kind and patient Mama, I am missing your example.
Bonnie
Hey Lance! I am definately going to print this picture out! Wicked manly!!!!
TED+
Post a Comment