Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our new boy (all photos by Grandma Kathy)



this is our little guy. we love him so much.

we continue to do well. I am enjoying so much the difference between having two newborns and a c-section and having one baby naturally. What a treat to be feeling so good and having just one little newborn to nurse and care for.

Odegards are out for the weekend and we are loving having them here and enjoy watching them love our kids. The twins are having a blast with Grammy, Gramps and Auntie Jane. And they've taken quite the liking to Auntie Jane's special friend Daniel.

I've been trying to take it easy - though this is harder than with the twins birth, because I'm feeling so good. I won't complain about that.

Think it's time to feed the little guy. He's ready and so am I! Hope supply and demand gets evened out soon. So far the supply is far ahead of the demand. My midwife said that my body might "remember" what it was like making milk for twins and just get right back at it. I think she was right. Oh dear.

Anders found his thumb while cozying up in my new sling (thanks for sewing it - and resewing it - mom. Better pics of the new sling to come. Wore it at the farmer's market today - got a couple compliments, and loved it, as did Anders. Great way to carry him around and even nursed him in it while shopping, so discreet no one even knew.





okay beter go

aimee

11 comments:

Claire said...

I'm back online!! LOVE the pics and love hearing about life with Anders! Such nice fabric on the sling! I bet your enjoying having family there, and I bet they are enjoying it even more. lots of love & hugs to you guys.

Love Claire

Cassy said...

Wow, one of the best looking baby boys ever, I think.

Nice work!

kelly ens said...

i love the sling fabric too!
And he is just perfectly gorgeous!

Shannon said...

oh so so so cute!! I'm so glad you're sharing all these early pictures.


cabbage leaves in your bra help with the over-supply. But your midwife probably already told you about that. It honestly does work, I've suffered much with engorgement.

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

congratulations aimee and lance. i have been wanting to comment but my browser has been doing weird things. anyhow, its working again so... congratulations!! anders is so handsome. and it sounds like one at a time is a nice treat for you -- you're out for forest walks already with 3 very small children. wow!
-de

Demara said...

he is a sweet little guy, isn't he? and so preciously beautiful...I would love to see the whole swing with him in it, hanging on you. (to see how it looks)

Claire said...

btw...I checked out your moms blog - AIMEE...you look amazing...less than a week after a new baby and you look so peppy, refreshed and fit!

Kristal Sawyer said...

He is just precious! So happy for you. =)

Jena said...

He is so beautiful.
Glad to hear your doing so good.
Would love to hear more about your weekend with family. Sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Wow Aimee, he's lovely! (The masculine kind of lovely.)

Cristina said...

So cute!
How are E&E adjusting to the new addition?