from about a month ago, Eva, hearing a strange sound outside (probably from one of the many machines that had been working on our road) said,
"What’s that outside? Maybe it’s a bell. Maybe it’s a bear coming. Maybe it’s a kid coming up the stairs. Maybe it’s a girl. Maybe it’s a dad."
Yes my little chatterbox, it could possibly be one of those many and varied things. I just laughed right outloud.
Yesterday mom and the kids and I went to the park (mom comes to help every wed/thurs as Lance is very busy with school these days - it is a welcome break for me and enables survival). At the park the kids like to sell us treats, coffee, tea, icecream - whatever we ask for really. They give us the requested menu item (a woodchip of some shape/size) and we pay (also with woodchips). Yesterday grandma Kathy paid for her treat with a pinecone. This is important back story.
When I was changing Anders' diaper Elijah was very interested. He likes to catalogue what body parts Anders has. "Baby got a nose?" "Baby got KNEES!" "Baby got eyes, he sees me". Well of course he notices other parts Anders has. Elijah says enthusiastically, "Baby got a penis!" followed quickly by, "he got a pinecone in there" I was pretty sure I'd heard correctly but I clarified just to be entirely sure. Yes he said pinecone, and yes he meant in his penis. Yes, I suppose there were some shape similarities between the pinecone in the park and his baby brother's penis. Very observant son I have. Still chuckling about this one.
Hoping Elijah and Anders will have no interest in reading their mom's blog entries when they're older, or at least not till they're old enough to know that having their respective penis' compared to raspberries and pinecone's has no bearing on their manliness.
Goodnight.
Aimee
7 comments:
LOL!!! Kids say the funniest things. I had to share this one with Shaun (again). =)
Oh how funny! Brianna made the same observation on Bradley (that he is a boy) and it sounds like "princess" when she says it.
I'm glad your surviving well.
haha...interesting children you have! and the woodchip game sounds great for teaching the kids math/shopping skills at a young age.
Well, look at the bright side. At least your kids have a great understanding of the concept of a metaphor/simile--and at such a young age! Very impressive! (even some of my college students couldn't understand metaphors and similes)
Well, look at the bright side. At least your kids have a great understanding of the concept of a metaphor/simile--and at such a young age! Very impressive! (even some of my college students couldn't understand metaphors and similes)
I love these stories. I miss you guys.
hilarious!!! i love that last paragraph :)
Post a Comment