I've never been in this place before. I am sooooo impatient for labor to get going. I know most of my friends felt like this for the weeks preceeding their due date but with the twins, and now with our busy Sept I was glad to keep the babes in as long as possible. Now that we're through september I am eager.
I'm off to my midwife appointment - one I was sure I wouldn't have to go to cause I'd already had my baby. Don't know if she'll suggest or do any labor stimulating things. I'm torn between wanting the baby to come NOW, wanting things to start naturally, and also being aware that as each day passes I'm getting closer to the possible C-section date (about a week from now). Also trying to trust God's timing too.
Okay better go. Of course I'll keep you posted.
Aimee
8 comments:
Our midwives had a "labour cocktail" they would give a recipe for, but only would give you when you were already a week overdue b/c it works so well. A friend took it and had her baby three hours later! When you get desperate I'll give you her number!
hi Aimee. Thinking of you lots. Praying too.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I felt this way for a long time as you already gathered having watched two of my impatient pregnancies.
Prayers for calm and a quick and beautiful labor.
Can't wait to hear about how everything goes, and see pictures too!
We have laken bottles that we found in Newfoundland. I haven't seen them in any stores in Winnipeg, let alone thrift stores. I consider you one lucky lady!
When I was overdue with Corrina (one week and 1 day) my friend at church said I could shake his hand and I would go into labour. Actualy he told me this about a month before the due date, and promptly stopped shaking my hand at peace passing time because he said it happened so many times that he couldn't risk it. So, one sunday, being very overdue, I shock his hand, and later that night labour began (of course Corrina wouldn't be born until wednesday...but that's another story altogether)!
There's my absolutely crazy "get the baby out" story for you. And here is a hand shake...
In all seriousness best of blessings.
One last PHOTO!!!
my sister took the labour cocktail at 11am and went into labour at 4:30 and had my nephew at 6:50pm the same day...
I can't wait to hear the news and meet your little one!
waiting with anticipation,
Didi Holterdipolter
Post a Comment