Sunday, October 26, 2008

A delightful film about mental illness


Lance and I watched "Lars and the Real Girl". It was beautiful. I won't go into much detail, but it really was a delightful film about mental illness. Sometimes laugh out loud unbelievably funny other times warmly touching, all the time genuine and true to life. My favorite part was the way Lars' community creatively welcomed and supported him and his real girl. It's also set in what is almost for sure Minnesota where everyone in the town is Lutheran and Scandinavian, so that was fun too.

off to bed.

Aimee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee,

We loved this film too. I was sure it was Minnesotan- but it was actually filmed in Elora, Ontario - about 20 minutes from where I lived for 12 years. I always get excited when films are made in Canada - my little Candian patriotism coming out.

Demara said...

Jeff and I will have to check it out sometime!

Kathy said...

I would watch this film again. Quite profound. The family and community support were incredible.

steven said...

I loved this movie too! so funny, so sad, so good. I think i for sure cried in it haha

steven

Jeremiah and Amy said...

Yes! This film is great and one of my favorites! I am glad others enjoyed it too! Very touching and very real.

Rina said...

I can't wait to see this - it's on my Ziplist but hasn't come yet.

I haven't had time to catch up on all of your previous posts yet (ah the busy life of a Mama - and I have only 1 little one!).

Your children are gorgeous!