for Eva to fall asleep I'll write a quick post.
Anders is marvelous. We are so delighted with him. You can see more pics of him at my mom's blog. He nursed pretty much solid for the first two nights of his life leaving me with little rest. But yesterday evening his work paid off and my milk came in so we had what I would consider to be more of a "normal" newborn night - one that had chunks of sleep in it instead of just minutes dozing off while nursing.
Mom has been with us since Friday and will stay till Thursday, then the Odegards come for Thanksgiving... after that we'll have to see. I'm sure mom will be a very regular guest/resident at our house. We are grateful.
Labor was awesome. I know that may sound crazy, but it was. I think I'll write more later about it. Just so grateful for how it went. Lance was perfect (aside from his questions in early labor which were starting to get on my nerves). He was so supportive and encouraging. Very perceptive to my cues (and commands). He is a great husband and I love watching him cuddle Anders.
--
didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, hopefully will today.
this morning i had my first taste of being alone as a mom of three. lance is back in classes and mom went to get some groceries. the trial run - which was just over an hour - contained no major incidences. anders was asleep for most of it so that helped as i was able to really focus on and play with elijah and eva.
everyone - except anders and i - is napping. hopefully he's next, followed by me.
it is an uncharacteristically lovelly fall day today. hoping to go for a walk after naptime.
thanks for your lovely comments and prayers too.
aimee
7 comments:
it doesn't even sound like you had a baby! haha you're amazing Aimee! God truly has blessed you~
i think the windy Fall days are simply majestic, with the leaves being tossed about and the sun shimering against the naked branches...God is beautiful and so is His art! I'm glad you get to hold a piece of it in your arms daily!!!
Take care,
Demara
Aimee, Brianna's birth was wonderful... I know exactly what you mean. (which is probably why I was so upset that Bradleys birth was not the same!!)
enjoy your new little nursling. I keep checking back, selfishly hoping to see more blogs and news when you should be in bed sleeping!
Oh boy, is he ever a beautiful little darling. Hope you find time to balance resting and marveling at your new little guy, and your fabulous firsts too!
so, so excited about your new little guy. i love your mom's story about how elijah is gentle with him and comforts him. he and eva will be great siblings for little anders. glad your mom is there. can't imagine suddenly being a mother of 3!
Congrats Aimee, I understand what you mean about enjoying labor. I really loved the whole birth process and am looking forward to doing it again.
I love your photos in the earlier post and I'm so glad you managed to take a few photos yet in the midst of your packed full month!
Funny when a night consisting of a series of naps becomes something to be thanksful for! ;-)
I've been away from the computer for a while and have been wondering how you are doing. Congratulations!!!!
Anders is beautiful.
Post a Comment