Monday, December 8, 2008

perceptive



Today while setting up our mangled IKEA kids tent (anyone have an extra pole, our tent has recently been tackled and came out on the bottom) I was getting frustrated with the kids as they kept trying to get in before the poles were in place. Finally it was almost done (if you can call such a goofy sight done) and I said, "Sorry I'm so grumpy".

Eva said:

"I'm sorry for you too" followed by,
"I'm a little bit grumpy too" I asked why ...
"My kids won't listen" she said.

Yes, I can understand that one might get grumpy if their kids don't listen...

And now the tent is out of commission until we get a new pole.



Later Eva was retelling stories from our new bible story DVD. She said her favorites were the snake one and the donkey one. I got her to explain the snake one - I didn't know if she meant Moses and his rod becoming a snake or Eve and the snake. Turns out she was remembering the one with Pharoah's guys turning their staffs into snakes and Moses' snake swallowing up the other snakes.

But then I was corrected.

I said, "Oh the one with Moses' snake swallowing the other snakes?"
"No, not Moses, it was Aaron's snake" Eva said.

I was sure it was Moses...but then began to doubt... I checked it out.

Exodus 7:10-13

10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the LORD commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. 11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: 12 Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Yet Pharaoh's heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the LORD had said.

It was Aaron's snake. Oh boy she keeps me on my toes.

2 comments:

Claire said...

lol - those are good stories! I like the b/c my kids won't listen line. I miss you and your kids. Try freecycle for the tent poles...

arbyn said...

Smart kid.