yesterday I lit our advent candles, reminding the kids that they are about Jesus and his birthday. the kids know that when all the candles are lit it means it is Jesus birthday. as I was getting the meal ready I heard Elijah exuberantly singing, "Happy Birthday to Jesus" while staring at the bright burning candles. Advent will be less than contemplative this year, with so many small children, but I will at least daily remember as I light the candles that Jesus birthday is coming. I can't possibly forget that with these little ones reminding me.
a couple days ago we were talking about what to give Jesus for his birthday. After thinking for a while Eva thought we should give him a bottle. An appropriate gift for a baby. Later when reading the Christmas story the idea of giving him a bottle came up again. Elijah, drinking a sippy cup of milk said, "I give him MY bottle. He drink milk" and then, "Jesus got BIG hands". I suppose for a newborn to hold a sippy cup he would need to have big hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment