
Melanie came for a visit last week. The kids are crazy about her and were enraptured by her animated reading of this Beatrix Potter book (a note about Beatrix Potter books - they are so wordy and foreign and old and at time inappropriate for small children - yet, because of their small size and the cute animals, Eva is crazy about them. Lance and I usually try to avoid them, but tonight I read 4 in a row) Look at how Eva has her fingers wrapped around Melanie's. It was lovely to have her join us for part of our day and to reconnect.
Then today there was a knock on our door. I assumed it was the road workers and that they wanted me to move our van - this has often happened this fall. I opened the door and was shocked to find Celia and Adlai! What? We have lived here 5 months and this is our first drop-in visitor. I have been missing home (yes Steven, Camrose feels like home) a lot lately and this is one of the things I miss. Friends and family just dropping in, or atleast knowing that they might. Here it's pretty much guarenteed that no one will drive 30 minutes to drop-in. But today it happened - and not only did Celia drop-in, but she brought just what a sick mom needed - homemade soup with buns! Now I know that Adam is in finals and Celia is looking for any reason to get out of the house so he can study ... so that may have prompted her visit ... but I'm pretty sure she likes us too. The kids just love Adlai, though it takes a while for them to warm up to the idea of sharing. And Elijah often tells her, "NO you may not hit" after she has accidently hit him with her excited flailing arms.
No photos of today with Adlai, but here are a few, thanks to Celia, from when we visited the Aquarium last week.



I think my baby is ready to go to sleep now. I sure am. Goodnight.
Aimee
4 comments:
i loved reading/seeing all of your updates just now. praying that you'll all come out from feeling under the weather soon!
I love that picture of the twins with Melanie. Wish I could hang out too...
Thanks for sharing your bright spots with us. Hope you feel better soon -- I know with gloomy weather and being sick *and* having a swamped husband at Christmastime it could be hard to look for the good. I think you always do that so well, and then to share those precious rays of sunshine with us yet. Thank-you.
-de
Funny you should mention that she was your first drop in visitor. The day that you went to the aquarium with them I was in burnaby picking up gracies treadmill and had every intention of dropping in to say hello before heading to downtown vancouver for a meeting, but you were already out, with celia, who then a week later beat me to being the first drop in visitor. WHAT A THIEF!
I would've been the first if you were home!
steven
Post a Comment