
"The rich, intense flavour of our dark chocolate is balanced with the sunburnt sweetness of organic roasted currants and the toasted, nutty crunch of organic chopped hazelnuts."

"Chock full of toasty pecans, fresh rosemary and dark and juicy Thompson raisins, you won’t be able to get enough of these tastebud-tantalizing crisps! Amazing on their own, these crisps are even more fabulous when paired with soft cheeses like Brie, St Andre, Cambozola and Boursin."
Both are new discoveries since moving to the coast (or the "Raincoast" - euphemistic isn't it, trying to gloss over the months of endless grey we are embarking on). Both are not cheap. But compared to some people's habits they're pennies.
We are all in various stages of a cold. The kids and I are on our way out and Lance is on his way in. I hate being sick. The worst is over for the majority of us so that is good.
Today it's sunny and hopefully after naptime (and hopefully after actually NAPPING) we'll get outside and try to soak it up and save it for a rainy month.
hope you are well.
Aimee
ps. got out to the Vancouver farmers market today. Lance's eyebrows went WAY up when he saw the amount of carrots and apples I came home with. Guaranteed we'll eat them all in the two weeks between now and the next market. We can't seem to get enough of sweet carrots (Forstbauer Farm carrots) and crisp new apples.
5 comments:
Hi Aimee. I loved this post. Yes, therapy is good.
I too loooovvvveeee the rosemary/raisin crisps, I discovered them while in Vernon and did devour (almost) a whole box to myself, complete with some camembert cheese of course!
I seriously hope and pray you all feel better soon. Lots of love from the Friedrichs to the Odegards.
Love you. J.
mmmmm...agreed, those raincoast crips are delicious, yes pricey, but oh so yummy. I am glad you have found simple ways to indulge and re-charge. I hope the colds are done soon! :( Love you.
Aimee, i have had crisps that look almost identical to those ones, but they sell them at Costco for a FRACTION of the cost. I think it's like $5 for a wheel of them (rough guess...50 crackers or more? i'm really bad with estimates). But they are amazingly delicious and definitely lower in price.
I LOVE Raincoast Crisps, although I can't have the one's with certain nuts because I'm allergic :(
But for breakfast today I had the last one of our crisps with my grapefruit that I mixed with All Bran (that's delicious too!). I believe the flavour of the crisps I had were: Pistacio (a nut I'm not allergic too, thankfully) and Cranberry. I love them with Harvartti cheese, although cheese in general does not like me. ):
I'm allergic to apples too, and carrots, so it's a good thing I don't like them that much, hey?
I LOVE crunchy foods though! And today I found some delicious chocolate covered puffed wheat squares from After Thoughts. THEY are to die for! They're huge too, I'm sure you could split one up into enough pieces for your whole family!!!
Love you.
Hope you feel better soon,
Demara
Mmmm, those both look great.
Thought of you tonight as we read a cute boardbook from the library before bed. Have you heard of Ella and Tom books by Gina Ford? A boy and girl who enjoy different experiences / adventures... imagined they could be little twin toddlers.
Hope you all feel better soon.
Post a Comment