Wednesday, March 11, 2009

NYC: Anders goes to his first conference

As soon as I found out about this trip I was concerned about Anders being allowed to come to the conference. I've been in a couple circumstances recently where it was made clear that babies - even small agreeable nursing ones - aren't allowed. Well, it turned out to be quite the opposite. People were crazy about him. Ooing and ahing. He was super during the sessions. His biggest disruption was his laugh/squeal. We actually had to try to not make eye contact with him so he wouldn't get all happy and get noisy. Here he is enjoying a session.



Anders tends to get a little fussy right before he goes to sleep. During one session - that was proving to be quite dry/dull - Anders began to fuss. I saw this as my opportunity to excuse myself (abandoning my friend Terri - sorry!) and take Anders to a nearby room. There we both enjoyed a nap. Anders, as you can see is swaddled in my multipurpose pashmina (thanks Eli). Before waking up to compose myself before the next session and to snap this pic, I heard (well I must've been awake, but my eyes were still shut) someone take a photo - so I think someone has a photo of me sleeping by Anders (you can see the bunched up ergo - a decent pillow in a pinch, especially if you are tired enough) I wish I had that shot.

** actually blogger doesn't want to load this photo I will try again tomorrow.

And here is a shot of my guys in NYC. This is the first day on our lunch break. After lunch Lance called his folks to check in. Just look at those buildings - wow. You can tell that the weather is quite nice - they're both just wearing sweaters... the -9 (-17 with wind chill, didn't come till a couple days in!!!)



Well, I desperately need some sleep, so goodnight friends. More to come.

1 comment:

Claire said...

fun pictures!! Can't wait to see more. Those buildings are pretty amazing! I love hearing that little Anders was so welcomed.