

There is a very important event to announce and in the midst of life and new york and everything else it is at risk of falling by the wayside.
I PROUDLY ANNOUNCE THAT MY HUSBAND IS RELEASING 2 CDS THIS MONTH!!!!!
Over the last year he has been working on these albums. We didn't intend originally to do two, but as the recording progressed there were more and more songs and two distinct groupings/styles of songs. So now there are two:
After a Long Hard Winter it's Good to Go Home - is a rootsy/bluegrass/americana feeling album. Great instrumentation and earthy harmonies. The album art was done by our friend Kirsten Davenport (used to be Boehm) and we just love it.
Here - this one is harder to describe. Ambient, folky. Beautiful and brooding
from the website:
"The new albums are completed! HERE, the ambient folk album, which is a collection of some brooding/ down-tempo originals and a few covers. AFTER A LONG HARD WINTER, IT'S GOOD TO GO HOME is the Americana/ Bluegrass/ Old Time Gospel album. After starting these two projects in November 2007, it feels really good for these songs to see the light of day. Both albums were recorded and mixed by Jon Anderson at Buena Vista Audio. It was a really relaxed and creative recording experience, and I think it translates in the recordings."
So there are two cd release concerts coming up. Songs from both albums will be played at each one. I promise they will be incredible nights. I am especially excited about the friends Lance has asked to play before him (Sheree, Alec and Crystal, Ryan) and those who will be playing with him (jon, kenton, jer, sher, becca ... is that everyone?).
Here are the details:
Lance Odegard & Band/ with special guests Sheree Plett Band/ and Alec Arnold & Crystal Shepherd
Friday, March 27, 2009
$10 I Doors at 7:30pm
St. James Hall
3214 10th Avenue West
Vancouver, BC
Lance Odegard & Band/ with special guest Ryan Chace
Sunday, March 29, 2009
7:30pm I $7 at the door
House of James Coffeehouse
2743 Emerson Street
Abbotsford, BC
Anders and I will be attending the Vancouver show while mom watches the kids. thanks mom!
These photos are from the assembly party - we folded and glued the cds ourselves - frugal and fun choice.




Hey, if you aren't able to come to the shows...and you want the music...follow this link: www.lanceodegard.com
if you buy through our website Lance Odegard himself will personally package your order and you might even get a handwritten note...how about that?
You can also buy the new CDs at the Lefse House, House of James and CLBI. They're on itunes too.
Okay, that's all for now.
5 comments:
no shows scheduled for alberta??!? :( what a bummer. We got "here" off of itunes and have really been enjoying it. In fact it is in my "like listening to" playlist.
why dont I ever hear him on K-love?
congrats on the new CD!
I bought them both on iTunes and absolutely LOVE them. I ESPECIALLY love the brown album. We've been listening to them constantly since we bought them.
so so so exciting!!!!!
This is so exciting. We can't wait to support you guys and buy a CD! We were wondering if we would still get a written note if we were to pick he cds up from burnaby since we'll be there Saturday for a geocaching rally! Haha we're just kidding tho because we want to attend the concert, I think.;p
Post a Comment