And now on to zebras. Today was super sunny and I wore a skirt - you know, the corduroy one that is way too big, well I just cinched up the side and put a ponytail elastic around the slack, it worked - without tights. I was sitting and Eva was rubbing my leg. Then she said, "You're just like a zebra" I asked why...
"Because you have fur"
It is winter after all.
Anders and I went out - to Value Village and Orphan Aid thrift store - where we found a few goodies. The best finds - two kid size aprons for 75 cents each, a wooden doll bed (needs paint, maybe for a birthday in June), pajama pants and a top for ME!

Elijah has two Oilers jerseys (which he adamantly declares are SHIRTS not jerseys, don't get that wrong) and one day he wanted Anders to wear one.
Lance is watching hockey right now. Hockey night in Canada (actually I think it was Hockey DAY in Canada today). I am just enamored and intrigued by Canadian TV. The ads for the shows make me snicker. I've never watched most of them, but there just is something funny about a show set in Calgary - Wild Roses. I guess it doesn't seem all that romantic to me. I one time watched the show Whistler and that cracked me up too. I guess American cities seem (are) so much bigger and are foreign, I don't know. Anyways...
I'm off to make some major lists for the baby sitting grandparents. What the kids like to eat. Daily routines. Discipline. Places to go. etc. I like lists so it will be fun.
and maybe I will do something about the zebra legs...
but probably not.
Have a good night.
Aimee
2 comments:
oh boy - i actually laughed right out loud about the fur. Very nice. i can relate. Funny about Elijah and the spicy sauce.
Maybe Eva should rock out to Pedro the Lion's "When they really get to know you they will run" If you don't know that song, look it up and listen, I think you would appreciate it. But, I am assuming you might know this song already.
We have an exchange student from indonesia living with us who eats "spicy sauce" at every meal. Elijah is much bolder than Corrina with the multiple tastes! Corrina just calls ranch dressing her spicy sauce now, she can't handle the real stuff. But Elijah, he will have a tolerance by kindergarten, at least!
Have a great time on your trip to NY city!
Post a Comment