Wednesday, February 25, 2009

to do list

...

blogging isn't on it. Or at least wasn't on the one Lance and I were working on last night. But really, would it be right to leave you hanging till I get back?

We leave on the first leg of our journey today and arrive in NYC tomorrow.

Lance has school today and will join up with the Boschmans and then pick me up at my folk's place. That means I am in charge of all the last minute packing... probably another reason why I shouldn't be blogging but getting things together.

For a frugal person a big trip - especially one to notoriously expensive NYC - involves lots of extra work. Add to that my being a hypoglycemic nursing mama... and you've got a lot of snacks to make. So, between yesterday and this morning I have made: two kinds of granola bars (for Lance. I'll share the recipe link another time), peanut butter balls (no bake cookies for me), cheddar walnut biscuits, granola, and blueberry muffins. I'm counting on these snacks to fill in the blanks between meals and count for some breakfasts on the go. There's nothing like the chance to save money and the pressure of a time limit to add motivation and increase my productivity by 400%.

Okay I better get going.

Oh, two more things -

beware of a good deal. Particularly Little Caesar's "hot-n-ready" deal. Two medium pizzas, 2L pop, crazy bread and crazy sauce for $12.99. Great deal, couldn't make it for that price. But you could get a couple of cardboard boxes and eat those. And that crazy bread isn't as crazy as I remembered it. I'd say, grab two Delicio's (or superstore brand which in my opinion is just as good) and drink water and you will be more satisfied. Just a heads up. (and I should note that Lance knew this would be the case, but graciously let his wife make the call, so, we served cardboard to our guests... the kids did like the crazy bread so all was not lost, and there was a bag salad so that helped too...)

Now I'm off. See you later.

have a great week.

aimee

ps. the zebra issue has been taken care of, but it will take a lot more than that for my style (or lack there of) to even remotely "fit" in New York. So, I've packed my favorite clothes and will do my best to feel confident; especially if - when - I've got baby snot on my shoulder and breastmilk spotting my shirt.

pps. Elijah is marching around in Eva's patent leather shoes - very cute

4 comments:

Shannon said...

it might depend on the store... our ceasers makes great pizza. We get a large, crazy bread and a soda for $9.81. Not bad pizza. It depends on who is working I have noticed too though!

HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!!

Jena said...

Thanks for this post, we've been wondering how prep was going for the trip and have also been VERY excited for you. New York is so awesome, you'll fit right in there! And, good thing being a mom is universal, yes, there is snot and breast feeding moms there too, the magazines and shows just don't show it;)
Feel good, enjoy, relax and soak up the culture, the people, the coolness.

Love you~J

Jena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rina said...

Have fun!!!!!!! I'm so jealous - I would LOVE to see NY. It's on my 'dreams' list to be in NY at Christmastime!