Monday, February 2, 2009

add to cart

so I just paid a parking ticket online at the city of vancouver site. You search for you ticket by number or by license plate, when the ticket is located and comes on the screen there is a little button to press that says,

"Add to cart"

as if it was something I was online shopping for.
as if there was really a choice about it.

I found this mildly amusing. Which is all it could be as I was parting with our hard applied for student loan money.



and thanks for the comments on the last post. We're all in this together aren't we. Sharing a lot of the same struggles. Oh and I could have posted photos! I once sent Melanie a photo of our three foot high laundry hamper filled to overflowing - three feet above the hamper - and this was before kids! Well I would've reposted it but it was on our old computer I think. And laundry hasn't been my recent downfall - well, partially, I get the laundry washed, it's just the folding and putting away that get me in trouble. And dishes ... well that's not my strongpoint either. But my husband attacks them regularly. Crying kids... well I do have pictures of that. But I know a grandmother who's not fond of seeing those kind of pictures. :) So, no pictures for today.

have a hopeful day.

aimee

6 comments:

heather said...

I LOVE doing laundry AND dishes. I don't know what it is about it, very therapeutic. Maybe it's just procrastination from homework:) Next time I'm in the area I'll drop by and fold the laundry for you:)

carolyn and steve said...

i could do laundry all day. just twist the knobs and close the door. So easy. But yeah, the extra laundry pile that builds up while you wait two weeks for someone to fold the clean stuff can be annoying.
-Steve-

Claire said...

lol about the add to cart! funny. We almost always leave our tickets until its time to renew our registration...bad habit.

About the laundry...I too am pretty good at getting it washed, and usually even folded, but then it sits and sits and sits. I don't know why...it literally takes an extra 10 minutes to put it away, but it still just sits. :)

Shannon said...

yes, a hopeful day to you too. :)

anno said...

But really, what's the point of folding it and putting it away ? It's just an extra step :)
I have the following system. Each kid has two baskets. All of their clothes go in the baskets. All their stuff isn't wrinkly anyway, so it sits in the baskets (unfolded!!!!! GASP! :) ) We don't even have dressers.....

Anno

DAve and JAnie said...

This is the wrong post for this comment, but I don't like commenting on posts that have passed, post-posts.
It's funny, to me, that in your past post you wrote about the study in brown post because just the other day I followed that link on your website and read that post. While I read the words I felt pinpointed as the very person those words must have been put out into the blogosphere world for! But, we are never alone, are we!

Right now I am going to school myself, and am not staying at home with my daughter. It's desperately hard not to compare myself with some of the fantastic people on the blogs I read and become jealous that my life is not like theirs. But, I have learned about myself that no matter what I am doing in life, whether my house is clean (and boy do I like it that way), I'm at home, at school, or at practicum I have to do what I feel God has called me to for the time being. I have to do what is meaningful to me. I have to remember this is a stage. I have to remember that no matter what any of us is doing we are all sacrificing something for Christ, giving something for Christ, participating in his work, and being taken care of by Christ.

So, thank you for your perfectly articulated reflection on the realities of feelings, reactions, and comparison. You already know this, but you are so not alone!