Thursday, February 12, 2009

morning mayhem

Shared so you can laugh, cause I had too.

this morning has been wild. Oatmeal stuck to the floor - and socks - wool today, I'm cold. Cranky kids who didn't get enough sleep. Endless requests for refilling oatmeal bowls - and don't forget to add the peanut butter...jam...milk...and after spotting Papa, brown sugar. Then a crying baby. And as I nurse him on the cushionless couch (cushions thrown across the floor to make a "house") my girl whimpers from her high chair, and I try to make out what she is saying. Through the sound of the stove fan, the boiling soother water (kill that yeast) and brother yelling I hear,

"There's a raisin in my nose"

and it's probably true. But there is no sign of it. I'm assuming it will just disintegrate and come out as sweet raisiny snot. Right?

And the sound track for the morning - a Bob Fitts album that I grabbed off the CD rack, wanting something uplifting... The first song "This is the Day" was good and true and I tried to sing along while tackling the stacked up garlicky smelling dishes, but it was too much, too perky and peppy for my morning. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it, but I marched over to the stereo and skipped ahead to a song more appropriate for my morning and mood...

"He Will Come and Save You".

Amen!!!

Well the kids are out of sigh and silent and in the storage room, so I really better go. But first I'm popping in a frozen pizza. I will eat the yeasty cheesy processed meat goodness and just will the thrush not to return! I'm hungry!!!

have a great day. it is the day the Lord has made and really, there is much to rejoice about.

Aimee

No comments: