Sunday, December 21, 2008

Too much of a good thing?

I think I've mentioned before how much the kids like a couple Bible story DVDs we picked up at House of James. Well if you were a fly on the wall in our house you might hear the following.

As two kids walk hand in hand down the hallway, or ride make shift horses, "We're going to Caanan"

"Why are you beating me" Balaam's donkey to Balaam.

"Save me from my brother" Eva said this while on her knees with her arms raised to heaven, she was Jacob, fearing Esau's wrath.

"I'm Potiphar" ...just so long as no one tries to be Potiphar's wife.

"I'm Peter, I didn't catch any fish"

"I put you in a rock" this is a creative insult, usually vigorously shouted with a shoving hand gesture. This came out of hearing the stories about Lazarus (or Lazaruff as Eva adamantly declares) and Jesus in tombs, or as our one book says, "holes in the rock". So I figure it's along the same lines as, "I wish you were dead". Of course without actually knowing what that means. But they do understand that being put in a rock is not a good thing.

And to top it all off,

"Go away Satan!!!" said to mother and brother alike. Not good.

There are many more Bible moments around our house but these are the few that come immediately to mind.


A non-posed real life moment (emphasis on moment) when being a mom of three is wonderful and easy. Most of the time it is wonderful, not often easy, and sometimes both. I called Lance to come snap a few photos.


My favourite sweater for Anders. Mom picked it up at a thrift store. I feel like Bonnie made it!

11 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

Sounds like a really good idea, letting the kids listen to Bible stories. Do they listen to everything or do you skip over any parts? Which one is it?

Curious because Josh has been listening to Little House on the Prairie CDs during quiet time and seems to know them quite well. Could be much more beneficial to have him listen to Bible stories instead...

Very funny sayings -- I can imagine the dramatic re-enactment "save me from my brother!" ha ha.

-de

Claire said...

those one-liners are hilarious. And I LOVE the beautiful parenting "moment" caught on camera. warms my heart and I miss you. See you soon.

Claire said...

and p.s. Aimee - you look very pretty in that picture!

DAve and JAnie said...

Simply fabulous! Merriest Christmas to you!

Rina said...

Beautiful pictures - happy little family!

Shannon said...

What a CUTE moment. I think most of our moments have a baby nursing too. made me smile. :)

I love the sweater. the button-up, handknit sweaters from the thrift store have been my favorite too. Like an extra layer of love. Such a pretty color too!

Avey said...

You are so STINKING pretty Aimee!
And that's a great shot of little anders...

Naomi said...

Your kids are amazing, Aimee. You & Lance are doing such a wonderful job raising them and catching the moments that make up our life. I really enjoy your blog.

kortney said...

I really liked the Bible one-liners. I think I've said this before but Reader's Digest gives 200$ for every funny story you submit and get published...might be a good way for extra cash, since your kids are so hilarious :)

Demara said...

I really like Elijah's Christmas sleeper and Eva looks like she's grown so much. She looks so much taller than Elijah. And well Anders in his little nicely nit sweater is a bundle of warmth, joy and peace.

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

I see that your laptop seems to like getting right in the middle of things too! thrill-seeking lappy, thriving on the edge of peril! heh heh :)
-de