Tuesday, August 19, 2008

last day

today is the last day of Lance being in the studio - until the very end of august - and we are all so ready. He loves making music, but is really missing being with us (isn't that great!). He didn't see the kids at all yesterday and left this morning forlornly saying good-bye's to his lovely family. He's home for supper tonight which is good - and which means I should think of something besides peanut butter sandwiches and cheerios.

Last night the kids fought sleep for a LONG time. Eva was released from bed for three (legitimate) potty breaks. Elijah got one diaper change. There were a couple short and snappy stories - mama wasn't feeling too creative or all that patient. They talk a lot in their room after bedtime (it's naptime now and they've been talking for quite awhile - there's also been one diaper change and one potty break). I chuckled last night when I heard this conversation:

Eva: "Mama, MAMA, I (s)cared of Elijah"
Elijah: "Why?"
Eva: (whining) "I (s)CARED of LIJAH!"
Elijah: "Why?"
quiet...
Elijah: "You (s)cared of me?"
Eva: "yeah"
Elijah: "You (s)cared of me Eva? Why?"

We'll never know as she refused to answer.

Hoping they fall asleep soon so I can sleep too. Didn't get to nap yesterday. Had a midwife appointment which I got lost on the way to. Everything is looking good. Baby is lying head down but a little sideways, so praying that it will descend properly and not get a shoulder lodged in there. Still as wiggly as ever. Started thinking about what we need to get organized for the arrival of this little one. I'm 34 weeks now so the end is swiftly approaching.

tired and hoping,

aimee

3 comments:

Danna said...

I would love to see a picture of you in your glowing state. I'm glad that your pregnancy is going well. Your kids sound just adorable! Cheers!

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

That is so sweet that they have conversations at bedtime. I am thinking when this newest baby arrives, Eva and Elijah will have each other when you're perhaps less available.

Pancakes from scratch eh? Must be a Dad who has been starved for his family. That's sweet.

Alvin came to Lance's HOJ concert but only caught the last couple of songs because he was opening? Would have liked to hear more but I guess we will have to wait for that CD! :)

-de

Demara said...

aw I'm so excited for you all!!!