Friday, August 22, 2008

photos

I'm currently - while waiting to be sure Eva is asleep before climbing into bed myself, murphy's law says the moment I pull the covers up to my chin is the moment she yells out that she needs to use the potty - getting the photos off my camera and will soon post some - particularly for friends and family far away. In the mean time here is one from when Jane was out. Now the thing about this is I meant to post it a long time ago, can't remember if I did, and don't want to search my blog to see if I have. So, here it is (possibly again).



When Jane was here we visited the Greater Vancouver Zoo (formerly known as the Vancouver Game Farm, but I guess that sounds like the game will be farmed and consequently eaten). On the way we realized we'd forgotten the stroller... that could make for a LONG afternoon. I remembered these bike carts, and we rented one. Lance tried to rent it for two hours but the lady said they only rent them in one hour segments because they're so hard to pedal that people never want it longer than an hour. Oh. I was a hard ride, not that I was pedaling. I'm not in the picture and I'm sure it looks like there is no room for me, and there wasn't. I squeezed in between Lance and Jane who did the pedaling. Good thing they don't have much for hips or it would never have worked. Sometimes on steep hills they'd have to get out and push. We brought smiles to many people as they saw our overstuffed cart passing them by, or being pushed up hills. We had a great time - except for me missing the lion/tiger feeding because Eva had to pee, and Lance and Jane trying to deal with a drifting cart, a screaming and escaping boy and arms full of snacks and an expensive camera. The kids liked the animals - especially the donkeys, but their favorite part of the day was the playground and juice boxes.

All is quiet here so I'm going to sleep.

Aimee

1 comment:

Demara said...

When we took our students to the Zoo we heard and then saw how difficult those bike cart deelys were that we were glad we hadn't got one. Although, it did take us 6 hours to walk around the entire thing looking at every animal we could see and attending every show possible! It WAS a lot of fun, even though I did get burned pretty bad. In fact, I have a SUN TATOO!!!

I'm glad you were able to take the kids around there though stuffed in the cart and all! Sounds like a great adventure.