tonight, after a busy weekend in Abbotsford and a cranky car ride home - which included a stop to view and purchase a jangly vintage guitar (found on craigslist) for tomorrow's recording - while Lance was working on prep for tomorrow I found myself in the twins' room - again - this time in response to the cry, "I too high mama, hep me". I found first one child - of the female variety - and then the second - our little husky voiced man - following suit - half way out of their cribs, straddled and perched high and apparently in need of my help. After placing them back in their proper locations it was then suggested, again by the girl and agreed to by the boy, that I should pat their backs. Two children, separate cribs, 4 feet between, and a 7.5 months pregnant mama sidestepping between, alternating, three pats for you and three pats for you. Back and forth, back and forth. Eva, who is the most fond of the patting, was also patting her own back, not the most conducive to relaxing and sleeping I imagine. It was during this moment that my mind jumped ahead a couple months:
A mama, no longer pregnant, alternating back-patting between two cribs, now without the tiresome belly, but in exchange wearing an infant on her chest as she rocks between the beds.
And as it seemed overwhelming and ridiculous God reminded me that He would be there in those moments too, just like now.
I'm counting on that.
Aimee
ps. It also occurred to me, that the mama would probably be breastfeeding the infant while back-patting the others... I really don't see this scenario as far-fetched. Will report if it actually happens.
5 comments:
gosh, this hits home for me.
You'll do great. But there will be days you'll wonder how you will get through. You'll get through.
Cracked me up. Kiss those twins for me.
You sure do have your hands full of kids don't you Aimee!
P.S.
I couldn't stop smiling while I watched your kids dance and play at the concert. They really are a joy to have around aren't they? And the whole time I was thinking-your mom is SUCH a HUGE help! Lucky you!!
What a funny sight you must have been - three pats each! I wish I could be your full-time nanny. I think that would be my dream job.
Also, I still want Lances last CD. When will it be going on iTunes???
oh the first paragraph made me laugh...just picturing it all.
it sure is good to know that God IS there in every moment and gives us the strength to handle life's fun and not so fun situations. =)
Post a Comment