Today I have the honor of being involved in something called Help-Portrait. Today at Union Gospel Mission, over 30 photographers along with tonnes of other volunteers, will be taking free portraits for anyone who would like one. There will be hair and make-up artists on site too. The portraits will be printed onsite and there will be a postage station where guests can mail one of their photos to family who may have not seen a photo of them in years. Most of the people we meet today would be unable to afford getting a Christmas photo taken. I am excited to use my skills to bless people today. Please pray for this event and that Christ's love and light would meet all of us there today.
UPDATE:
It was awesome. It was an incredible honor to get to be involved as a photographer today. To meet people (I met and photographed around 20 people), capture their smiles and individuality, and watch them light up when they saw themselves looking so great on the screen. There was a lot of joy in that little room. I'm so glad I got to be there. I can hardly wait for next year.
6 comments:
What a wonderful opportunity to bless people and use your skills!
This sounds like an amazing service. Please share about it after!
so cool!
I thought of you and the people you'd be photographing all afternoon. I'm thrilled that it went so well. I can only imagine how meaningful it was and how meaningful it will be for those who receive the photos. Praise God!
Oh Aimz,
THIS IS SO AMAZING. It brought tears to my eyes. I adore you and am so proud to have you as my friend.
what a neat idea! it is amazing how all talents can be used in unique ways to bless eachother.
Post a Comment