Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a bowl of cherries

Tonight the kids were asleep earlyish and I had great plans to get many things done. Those Christmas gifts planned to be finished by the 1st... yeah...

I tackled a skirt for Eva first. It was going quite well. No major setbacks (and this is good, I am a novice sewer for sure) just had to pick out an inch or so of stitches. Then, as I was pressing the hem before sewing it, I took a closer look at the pattern on the fabric. Darling red cherries on a black/white gingham background. And those cherries are all defying gravity and hanging,

UPSIDEDOWN.

I'm not sure anyone besides my mom would notice. And she's so gracious I wouldn't care. But now I've told all of you, because, actually it is funny. And the best thing of all is, it doesn't even bother me! That is a blessing of grace tonight. Another part of Eva's gift I had to sew THREE times, so an upside down pattern that isn't really noticeable on an overall darling skirt? No problem!

Photos to come another time -- probably when she is wearing it!

Oh, and what did I do after finishing the skirt - nothing, because of course it took longer than I thought. I'll keep chipping away at the rest of the gifts.

Goodnight.

Aimee

3 comments:

arbyn said...

I look forward to a photo :) I'm sure it will look great on Eva.

Claire said...

whoooo...I am laughing. :)

Kathy said...

Gracious mom smiling about the gravity defying cherries! It will reflect the lively girl who will wear it ;)

Always remember that your diaper pail liner turned out better than mine!