Sunday, December 27, 2009

here we (almost weren't) are

Between kids just wanting to stay inside and play with new toys (a certain boy and his new-to-him firetruck) a girl who was coaxed into a sweater she finds too fuzzy and makes her want to throw up, parents who had made assumptions about each other's responsibilities, the extreme time pressure of leaving the family photo taking and printing till Christmas Eve, and a broken tripod - it is somewhat miraculous that we got a picture at all, much less one that we actually like. The photo is not truthful about that moment. I was so frustrated - no angry - by the time the photo shoot was over, all I could think of was that the photo was a lie. After some time, some kind words, an apology and forgiveness, the picture seemed redeemed. So now I share it with you, along with a couple outtakes (you can see my foot raised off the ground as I dash to catch the falling camera) and say, here we are.



8 comments:

Avey said...

It's a really cute picture Aimee. What a task. I find it really hard to get a decent picture of adults with a timer. What a challenge.

kinneyland said...

You must be a good liar, because I think you look amazing in that photo.

heidi said...

you do look amazing, aimee!

Claire said...

I love it!! and you do look amazing Aimee!! I hope it's not pressure, but I'd love a real copy if possible! If one's not coming in the mail - just email me a jpeg and I'll print if off.

also I have a "lie" photo from a date night with me and matt a long time ago - it's such a nice picture, but I know that it was not necessarily a happy moment before the picture was taken. oy!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Odegards! We love you!

Terri Boschman CityCreations said...

Too bad we should have swapped. I could have shot for you guys and you for us. Next time maybe.

I am glad the shot is redeemed for you. It is Great!! We love the Odegard family so much.

Shannon said...

Family pictures are such an event.

Yours is way cute and I am glad you can enjoy it now. I just love the sweaters.

Jena said...

Aimee! You look Great here! It is a beautiful picture, enjoyed the back story and out takes. Happy New Year to you all!! Kisses from AB.

Anonymous said...

love the background and I think you all look really scrumptious!

Glad it worked out in the end. I think it was worth it, right?

hehe hope your camera's ok :s