







This kids and I made "sugar" cookies the other day. I used xylitol instead of sugar, but cut the amount to half of the sugar called for. I also used 1/3 whole wheat flour. They turned out great. A little too great. I have eaten a lot of these cookies today. The kids decorated theirs with coloured sugar and sprinkles, I pressed pecan halves into mine - which results in a perfectly toasted pecan on top of each cookie! The blue cookies above were done by Elijah, almost a centimetre of sugar - yikes. Lots of it fell off after baking - thank goodness. Anders spent the decorating time doing his new favorite thing, pouring his water onto his tray (or floor, couch, table, bed) and splashing in it.
Lance is out studying tonight. It's 8:30 and I feel like going to sleep... not quite yet Aimee, not quite yet. There is only so much "kid-free" time in the day and I need to take advantage of it!
off I go.
5 comments:
i love you and your kids!
Beautiful pictures. The kids look so happy with their activity.
looks like you're keeping busy!
as i write i'm coddling my pup as he dries from the bath :)
its hard typing with 1 hand
Xylitol? Seriously?
"Never cook or bake with anything you can't pronounce properly."
That's the ONE rule I live by (plus a few others).
-Schulz-
How fun!
Post a Comment