Friday, January 7, 2011

Alberta

Our time in Alberta was wonderful. The days were filled with good food, reconnecting with family and friends, some outdoor adventures, and even naps for adults!

Yet we did not come home as rested as we should have, considering our lazy days. Everyone in our family took turns with a vicious cold. Every night there were multiple wakings and a lot of comforting, drug administering and snuggling required. For the first few nights I slept with Eva and Lance slept with Anders. Even though Eva was the sickest I got the better end of the deal. Sleeping with a wiggling two year old can't really be called sleeping. One night, when Lance and I were actually in the same bed, I woke to find Anders between us. I was a little perturbed that Lance, after complaining so much about sleeping with Anders, had let him in. I didn't want to move Anders to his bed and risk waking him, so I just left and slept with Eva. The next morning Lance, waking from a terrible sleep, was pretty mad. Mad that I had let Anders into bed and then took off. We had a good laugh over the sly little guy!

More photos and memories from the trip to come.

Today we went to a drop in gym time at a nearby community centre. Our day is already way better than yesterday. Everyone - especially Elijah - just really needed to move their bodies. And the sun is out. Ahhh, were we ever spoiled in Camrose. Sunshine everyday. The constant grey here is like a thick blanket - but more like a suffocating kind and not all that cozy. Unless that is, you are at liberty to drink tea and read novels, then it is not quite as bad I imagine.

Alright, that's all for now.

Aimee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are still all in the same room, and we moved Elijah's loft bed into that room with us. The plan was, Elijah in the loft, India under the loft in a little cave, and then sean and I on the same bed (gasp) and Mattea next to us on a matress on the floor.

Most nights, Sean sleeps in Elijah's loft, India and Mattea join me and Elijah in the bed before morning.

Add 2 dogs and a cat and stir.

Just saying, I hear the sleeping can be good.
Wouldn't know, but I've heard :)