We share laundry with our landlords downstairs. The agreement is that we have use of the laundry daily until 6pm and they have the evening hours. This works well, though occasionally I leave my laundry in the drier overnight, or they start a load before six. They're really laid back upstairs, and so are we, so no one really minds the occasional overlap into eachother's time. This morning I heard the telltale sound of the washing machine. Hmm. Strange, it's only 10am, and I was planning to get a few loads going right away. Maybe they had some laundry that just couldn't wait. Well that reminded me I had left some stuff in the drier so I grabbed my laundry and, for some reason peeked through the window of the washer - expecting to find a load of towels from bathing their dogs - and saw ... clothes that are identical to my own (what are the chances they own the same vintage polyester dresses).
I feel a little like I'm losing it. I guess I already started my laundry this morning (good for me) and then forgot about it (oh dear).
Hope your brains are intact enough to make it through the day alright. We'll see if mine are.
Aimee
4 comments:
Wow Aimee!
Well, you are the mother to 3 young children - you've probably got a thousand other things competing for your thoughts and attention :)
that is so funny!! i read it to phil and he laughed too :)
I was actually getting rather angry, thinking your stuff were stolen or something...haha...I too have episodes such as these, but I don't even have any children! :P And I'm the only one who does the laundry here, but usually for me it's thoughts like "Oh hey, that's great that I HAD washed that (not remembering I had) when I did..I totally need it now!"
Post a Comment