Friday, January 7, 2011

4 year old sadness



Last night Eva was having a tea party with Anders and our good friend Chris. There had been many smiles, a spill (only water) and one of the glass saucers had clattered across the tile floor but remained intact - all was going relatively well...

And then one of the tea cups, from her brand new set, hit the floor and shattered. Eva was so distraught. No exaggerated hysterics, just deep deep sadness. It was her favorite one, pink with white polka dots. Through sobs she said heaving,

"I'm ... just remembering.... how... I ... felt... when I... first got it.... I was.... so... happy........... I don't.... think.... I'll.... ever....smile ..... again"

Poor precious girl. We were all sad with her. Chris collected virtually ever piece and we may be able to glue it together... we'll see.

I love that girl.

6 comments:

Avey said...

"I don't think I'll ever smile again". That's precious. I hope you can fix it.

Kathy said...

Oh dear Eva, I really feel your sadness. I saw your happiness at opening the tea set. Poor broken tea cup. Glass tea sets are for parties on the carpet. Such hard floor. Hugs.

Demara said...

aw! :) hopefully you could find the same tea set, and get another one!!

Shannon said...

I love listening to the way kids process things.

Hope the glue works and perhaps it can be an imaginary only teacup.

Claire said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh

kinneyland said...

oh Eva, I'm so sorry! Remember the good times..