
I've been listening to Caedmon's Call's album "Overdressed" today. It has been breathing life into me - or rather, God is using it to breath life into me.
A couple of songs especially:
Need Your Love
Your love is a heart that’s beating
Your love is an angel’s wings
Your love is a boat that sails on a never-ending breeze
Your love is a sunset fire
Your love is a melody
Your love is the grace that brings the sinner to his knees
I need your love, your love
I need your love to stay with me
Your love is a newborn laughing
A fire in the winter’s cold
Your love is the bread and wine that breaks to make me whole
Your love is a king returning
Beneath the banner of victory
Your love is the chains of a prisoner finally falling free
I need your love, your love
I need your love to stay with me
You can change my name
You can make me someone new
Love is always a promise
And your promises are true
I need your love, your love
I need your love to stay with me
I need your love when the flames consume me
I need it when my heart breaks
I need it as a still small voice
When the earth around me shakes
Sacred (I know I've shared this before and now I am rediscovering it)
the children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing
when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden
wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine cause
everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
For more words/music check out their website: here
Also, Elijah is doing much better. That was our longest sickness to date. I called the doctor on call at our clinic twice and got great advice. So now he just has a little stuffy nose. But this week there was a lot of tylenol, fluids, sleeping and movies. The rest of us are at various stages of colds but no one with a fever like Elijah had. Thanking God for that.
That's all for now.
Aimee
3 comments:
yahoo!! So happy to hear! Breathes of new life and energy! (and wellness for Elijah)
Thanks for posting those songs. The lyrics to "Sacred" spoke to me, what I needed to hear today! :)
I just HAD to listen while I read ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZOytLYztU
It reminded me of Jeff. He introduced them to me a lot because they're one of his favourites!
I'm glad Elijah's feeling better...
I have a new workout blog btw. It's called : "Eat To Run" on Blogger here...check it out some time.
Post a Comment