Thursday, March 18, 2010

catching up on sleep

This morning I came into Eva's room, climbed up her ladder a bit and looked at her lovely face. She was nestled under her blankets with her face in her hands. Looking at me she said softly,

"Mama is it okay if I just have a little more sleep"

"sure" I said

"oh thanks. I didn't have a very good sleep last night," she continued, "I had to nurse my babies a lot in the night"

Well, she has my sympathy to be sure!

On the same note, I wonder if I am the only one who likes my kids' morning breath. Even though in actuality the smell isn't great, it is the feeling I get when I see their sleepy snuggly selves, all cozy and sweet after a long (hopefully) night - it must change the smell! I love those little ones.

4 comments:

Jena said...

I LOVE smelling my kids breath, I can't believe I just said that, but I can't help but agree with you, it is just so warm and so, them, not stinky, hard to explain, it's a mama thing I think;)

Avey said...

So funny. It's amazing how much little ones pick up on.

Kathy said...

Incredible. I love that little mama.

Anonymous said...

morning breath? hahahaha you ARE funny! I love my dog's breath, does that count? hehe