Saturday, March 13, 2010

breakfast recipes

this morning we hosted a breakfast meeting for a group from church. To go with other items brought by the group I made mini quiches. This was a pretty last minute decision and I had all the needed ingredients on hand. They were super quick and easy to whip up. Here are the two recipes I used:

whole wheat olive oil crust - the olive oil crust results in a crunchier crust than a traditional pastry - also it is so much faster to mix up and it has its own delicious taste

and


I rolled out the crust and cut it (with a small bowl turned upside down) into little circles and then pressed them into muffin cups. Spooned in the quiche mixture and baked for about 25 minutes at 375 F. It made just over a dozen little quiches, and there was extra egg mixture so I just baked that in a small pan separately with no crust.

The results, if I do say so myself, were delicious. :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yum. I bet they were. Happy you could have the breakfast bunch over again.

Anonymous said...

its sounds like your house smelled deliciously well too!!

keegan said...

Hi- I am Jennica's twin sister (keegan)- I came upon your blog not long ago and I wanted to thank you for posting this recipe for the mini-quiches. They were so yummy can't wait to make them again and add more stuff!