Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Basil | Earthbound Farm Organic | Recipes for Delicious and Healthy Food

Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Basil | Earthbound Farm Organic | Recipes for Delicious and Healthy Food

I made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Using veggies from Andy and Cara - so that increases the flavor ten-fold. I used whole wheat rotini instead of spaghetti. I didn't have truffle oil, but that was fine. Also, I think it is really important to follow the instructions and let the tomato mixture marinate for an hour, otherwise I think it would lack flavor. Instead of sauteing the zucchini I grilled it on the bbq after coating it with oil, garlic powder, oregano and a dash of red pepper flakes - that's our favorite way to eat zucchini. I cubed some mozza (not fresh, just no-name superstore brand) and sprinkled it on top. Yum. It was nice and light and felt nutritious and good to eat - as opposed to my favorite pasta - baked tortellini with cheese!

Well mom's here and we promised the kids we'd make cookies before bed, so I better help get supper cleaned up so we can move on to the next activity.

Have a good night.

Aimee

ps. Can you tell Lance is gone - three THREE posts in one day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe Lance sure keeps you busy hey?!?!? You and him must have great conversations...and now you get to have conversations with your blog friends instead! It's nice your Mom is there...

Jena said...

The concert last night was awesome, what a treat to have them come!!! We missed you though, hope you are doing well with the kids:)