Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lance! Rescue me! -- UPDATE

I'm just sweating. The spider - from the post below - is now under a bowl, with an envelope underneath it and duct tape is sealing him in. I don't even know if I've got the nerves to carry him to the garage tonight. Every time he moves I shudder.

I need my husband.

---

UPDATE

I do still need my husband, but the spider is no longer in the house. I tossed a tea towel over the bowl and gingerly carried the bowl outside. The bowl is now right outside our front door - so beware if you plan on visiting. Lance can look forward to that when he comes home!

Thanks for your sympathy!

8 comments:

Avey said...

Call your brother! Seriously!
Mark was away awhile ago when a huge moth got into the house. I was moments away from phoning up Steve Kaack (11:00 pm) before Charlie decided to eat it. Call your Steve!

Kathy said...

Elijah is always ready to protect you. Here is his chance to be a hero!! Go Elijah!

Anonymous said...

ew! Aimee...I too would be creeped out...just the other day while I was laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling I saw a gigantic cockroach with WINGS!!! Jeff caught it and flushed it...and then again we saw another...but only in the bedroom...where I sleep! Jeff sleeps on the couch...because we normally can't open the windows in this place afraid the neighbor's cigarette smoke or worse cockroaches bite us in our sleep.

We can't wait to move! We'll be keeping the windows open for good!!! Letting in all the lovely fresh plant air from the back of our building...instead of the traffic air...CAN'T WAIT

ok gotta go to bed and sleep so that I can start my new job this afternoon...I hoped to sleep earlier...it didn't happen...I had an appetite tonight instead...and then got caught up reading blogs...oops! Goodnight I pray the Lord protects you as you sleep...and erases your memory of creepy crawlys...night!

Claire said...

YUCK! I killed a huge beetle the other day, and my heart too was racing, I felt dizzy and nervous for a long time after killing it. but I couldn't bear the thought of not knowing where he would end up if I didn't and I wasn't smart enough to think of a bowl. good idea.

i so so so so so so wish you were here. As I type I hear Lance singing Opera in the shower downstairs and Chris said to Josiah, "what a strange sound". miss you dear friend. Maybe I should just type an email I have so much more I want to say.

Seriously, does Lance do this at home? very funny.

Shannon said...

One time I saw a scorpian. I wanted to move.

Di Kim said...

The women are not alone, my dad used to leave them for my mom, to get rid of.

kortney said...

I'm so LOL @ Claire right now!

kortney said...

I'm so LOL @ Claire right now!