Wednesday, September 23, 2009

missing this man



Elijah was so upset the other day. He had accidently broken an ear off his bear cookie. He cried and cried - wailed actually. Finally as he was calming down Anders began getting upset. Elijah turns to me and says,

"I think he wants papa, I think he misses Papa"

I, intrigued, asked if Elijah also missed Papa,

"Yeah, that's why I was so sad"

Tonight we watched a bit of the Ziprick house show on skype. Elijah melted down, sobs shaking his little frame.

"I want to go there RIGHT NOW!" me too. me too.

Papa returns tomorrow and we have ALL missed him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In that picture it looks like Anders does not like icecream...he looks like he's about to cry, but Daddy is enticing him to eat it...and Elijah is cheering Daddy on! haha too cute.

Can't wait to hear what the kids say and or do when Daddy returns...tomorrow.

Kathy said...

The way Lance looks at his family with such love and enjoyment - well, it's a beautiful thing. Of course you miss him!

Claire said...

awww, that choked me up. Those little ones really feel it intensely, don't they? I'm glad you could "join" us last night. I wish I could see you in person. xoxo

Lisa-Marie said...

Aww yeah I was choked up too...

Shannon said...

it is always so lovely when Daddy comes home.

Avey said...

Aimee - I've seen some pictures lately of your kids in a Valco Baby storller (I think on your mom's blog). Is it yours? How do you like it? That's the stroller Mark and I decided on, and I ordered one last week. We didn't order the twin one though, just the regular with the toddler seat. You don't see them around too often.