
Excerpts from this morning with Elijah...
First words, through tears:
Elijah: Mama, you didn't give me my icecream!
Mama: When you were sleeping were you thinking about icecream?
Elijah: Yeah, but you didn't give it to me!
The quivering chin and wet eyes turned my cold sugar hating heart... I gave my son a small scoop of chocolate frozen yogurt and pistachio gelato. Can you believe it - for breakfast!

Then, at breakfast before the others were awake:
Elijah: Mama I'm going to be a teenager?
Mama: yes
Elijah: But it's taking a long time!
Mama: I know
Elijah: But mama I want to be a teenager RIGHT NOW!!
You'd think he was twelve and being a teenager was right around the corner. He is just fascinated with it.
On the heels of the teenager conversation...
Elijah: Mama, you going to go to heaven?
Mama: Yes
Elijah, eyes wet and chin quivering again: No, but then I'd say 'MAMA!!!!' and you wouldn't be wiff me!"
After that I did a lot of convincing him that we would be there together and that I wouldn't go for a long time. He kept questioning if I was going to go "pwetty soon". We agreed that I wouldn't go for "lotsa lots times" (meaning not for a long time). Poor little guy, I didn't really think about his concept of time. Are you going to go to heaven and are we going to go the park have the same imminence. Oops!
see you later.
Aimee
ps. the photos are from a trip with the Andersons to Edalene dairy in washington.
2 comments:
He IS looking quite older!
are you sure he's not a Teenager?
lol
His speech!? LOVE IT. He is too cute.
I too cave at wet eyes and quivering chins. What a poignant story.
Post a Comment