Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good News

The kids have been very into the Christmas story lately. We got a new book about Christmas. Their favorite parts are the journey to Bethlehem - which they recently re-enacted while riding horses on a merry-go-round at the mall, "We're going to Befeham, it's far away". They are also enamored with the shepherd and angel portion of the story. Here's a peak into today.

EVA: I don't have good news
MAMA: I do, Jesus is born
EVA: Where can I find him
MAMA: In a stable lying in a manger
EVA (leaning over baby Anders): He's here. (then in a whisper) we knelted down quietly and looked at the baby
ELIJAH: He's in a MANGER!

mama begins changing Anders' diaper

EVA: Jesus did a poop

then, while Anders/Jesus is being changed, and mama is already mentally drafting this post Eva full on punches Jesus in the head. angry mama and screaming baby soon follow. oh dear.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Bernell says that your post sounds like Reader's Digest material. You could get money for therapy. We love you and how you are raising our grandchildren. Keep us posted.

DAve and JAnie said...

I'm sure even the real little Jesus sustain a black eye or two from other children and playgroups! I wonder if Mary would have blogged if it was around when Jesus was born?

Many moons ago, before our child, we were at a friends house looking at their nativity scene with their little 2something guy. Dave said "and who is this one? Does he Herd the sheep?" The little guy looked at him with disgust and said "NO! he doesn't hurt the sheep! He is nice to them." whoops!

Have a great week

Jena said...

HAhahahaha!!! This post was a gut laugher. Thanks.

Claire said...

Yep me too...I was laughing out loud at this one for sure. Poor Jesus.

the reids said...

That's great, Aimee! My girls used to put a burp cloth on Malcolm's head (the stereo-typical "shepherd" look), and announce "Malcolm be Jesus!" I guess lots of baby brothers get to play that role!

Anonymous said...

yep- I'm in the same boat as Jena and Claire. Reading ' full on punches Jesus in the head' did it for me. This is one for our kids to read.

kelly ens said...

oh dear - I'm sorry Jesus got punched in the head, but this REALLY made me laugh hard!!!

kelly ens said...

I just made my husband come down and I read the post to him, and could hardly finish it because I was laughing so hard.

Kristal Sawyer said...

LOL, I had to read this one to Shaun too. Oh, the adventures with kids. =)

Nicole said...

A very adorable story. I laughed so hard . . .

Walshy said...

I love this post! Definitely told like my whole class at school and my C&C group, in my world your kids are famous! So precious...

steven said...

Love it! Too funny!

Demara said...

Why the heck did she punch Jesus in the head? eek! That's not good at all, but the children's inquisitive nature is proving to be a very good learning tool. I'm sure they'll "meet" Jesus real soon in their prayers and Eva will soon be punching the mall's play places in pursuit of the closest child to witness to.