I love peaches. I could eat 5 a day, but hold back to about 3. I went to a local farm market today hoping they sold them by the case. Spotting no cases I loaded up my basket with other produce and when at the checkout asked about the possibility of buying a case. Yes they have boxes, and a quick phonecall resulted in the price, $20. A great price in my opinion. Well what I saw next bugged out my eyes and dropped my jaw. My $20 box of peaches was not your typical two layer of peaches 20ish lb case, but a banana box, almost full. I have no idea how many pounds of peaches I am now in possession of. I have big plans now. Pies, crisps, jam, freezing... I've been thinking lately that I'd rather have frozen all fruit pies on hand than frozen meals. That is silly and impractical - but peach pie is my favorite.
so in a couple days when they're perfectly ripe I will be working hard. And eating a lot of fresh peaches.
I think this baby's last couple of pounds are made entirely of peaches.
5 comments:
Your baby is made of peaches and mine is made of frozen raspberries ;) At least your fruit is still in season!! Hope your feeling well still!!!
mmm peaches...
maybe I should come for a visit :)
oh yes. I made the BEST canned peaches ever while pregnant with Wesley. I think they were all ate up by the time he was born.
peaches are so soothing.
BAHAHAHA you're hilarious Aimee!!! no doubt the babies last couple pounds ARE entirely peach produced! haha
i bet your house smells GORGEOUS too! i LOVE the smell of peaches...
Post a Comment