Sunday, September 28, 2008

due tomorrow

So tomorrow is my due date (Monday) and I am finally "ready" for this baby to come. Ready being in quotes because we're not really ready, but just more ready than a week ago. We've made it through the various commitments we had in the month of September - praise God. Tonight we heard The Rawling Brothers play in Chilliwack and that was the last thing I wanted to get through before the baby comes. I think I'm going to start walking up a storm now and see if we can get things moving. Being a VBAC (google if you don't know what this is) the midwife told me that the standard in obstetrics is to schedule a C-section if the woman goes to 41 weeks and three days. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, so ten days after that is when they'd want to me to seriously consider a c-section. You can believe that I will be doing everything possible to get this baby out before then. Not really worried about this yet - still plenty of time.

No real "signs" that the baby is coming. My body Just feels a little different - how vague is that?

Baby is lying posterior and the midwife wants me to be on all fours for half an hour twice a day - hopefully enticing this little one to roll over, enabling an easier exit. The babe isn't engaged yet either, head is a little off to the side. So we'll see how this little wiggler will decide to make it's exit into the world.

We're settling into a name but just yesterday realized we should have names for the other gender picked out - ultrasounds have been known to lie!

okay better get to sleep.

Aimee

6 comments:

heidi said...

checking your blog every day in hopes of news! i'll be praying that you will go into labour naturally and soon and that the baby will roll around to the right position.

Avey said...

Aimee! So glad to hear from you. Thinking about you all the time, and still praying for you every Sunday at Rez. Half an hour on your hands and knees seems like a really long time... What are you going to do on your hands and knees? Watch a movie? Read a book? Play with the E's?

Kristal Sawyer said...

I'm too checking every day to see if your little one is here! I can't wait to hear the news...and will be praying that it will happen soon so you can do the natural birth you want. And you know the sex? Can't believe you're keeping it a secret from us! ;)

kelly ens said...

i just realized yesterday how close our pregnancies have been...a couple weeks different both times.
praying for a safe, natural VBAC for you!

Marina Aicken said...

aimee, I too have been checking everyday for news. we are praying all goes well and the baby turns. we're so excited for you guys!

Shannon said...

Ellie was posterior.


Yes, I was just fine knowing that the gender was a surprise. Not so fine knowing that you've been hiding it from us. *scowl* (love you anyway)