Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome to our home

And finally a few pictures of our new place:

Come on in...


The kitchen as seen from the couch


The living room as seen from the hallway (which is next to the kitchen - but really layout is hard to figure out in pictures, so just come visit and you'll get an accurate view) Also, the wall to the right of the fireplace is now blue - like the kitchen table wall. And the armoire is on that wall, housing the TV etc. Really tidies things up.


Here is a pretty lame photo of the kids' room, complete with semi-room-darkening towels on the window. Now it looks crazier because we've been hanging a huge navy blue blanket over the window - to see if it will help them sleep better. So far not much of a change. Mom is going to add lining to our cute new (hidden) curtains so we won't have to use blankets and towels - thanks mom!



Across the hall from the kids room is the bathroom. It is actually quite spacious - our largest bathroom yet. And now Bob has fixed the shower so that half of the water doesn't just come out the tap and a measly amount out the shower head. I had taken to kneeling and rinsing my hair under the tap instead of the shower! So we're not a fan of the fixture colour - what is that colour really? But I'm just ignoring it and using blue accents (now that sounds a little more intentional than it was, we already had assorted blue towels, so the only new addition is the shower curtain) Note the gerbera's on the shelf - thanks mom. Of course they are meeting their natural end and will soon be replaced with... something.



And finally a shot of our bedroom. This is our favorite bedroom of the four we've had. High ceiling, bright window, spacious. I call it our dormroom, since it doubles as Lance's office. I think I will soon grow used to falling asleep to the sounds of keyboard tapping and page turning.



No photo of the den - still a work in progress to be sure, or of our back cement square (we have our own little cement area - as well as a patch of shared lawn, but it's not much to look at)

So there you have it. I'm off to nap.

Aimee

7 comments:

Avey said...

It looks awesome Aimee! I love the white painted bricks around the fireplace and your new blue wall next to it. Wish I could come for a visit...

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

i love that blue! can i ask what colour & where its from? we are in the middle of painting and choosing colours...

also, love your kitchen table! but, i think i may have mentioned that before. or, at least i have thought it before. :)

-de

Anonymous said...

Hi- We really miss you guys. In the mad rush to get here, we forgot that when we get home you will be gone too. That stinks. It's great to see the pictures of your new start. Seeing Mush tucked under Lance's arm was especially heartwarming. It made it like not so much had changed.
Will talk later- kids need breakfast.

Unknown said...

Aimee, we're so happy that you like your new home. It makes your leaving easier. i enjoyed seeing your special touches to make this new living space your own, all of it is infused with love.

Danna said...

Your new place looks awesome! I hope that you enjoy your new home! ;-)

Demara said...

I LOVE the look of your new place! Even now, it looks so very cozy and inviting.

I think my favourite room is the Dining Room. Love the wall color to go with your table ensemble. The table reminds me of one that might be in the Camp's dining room! So fun! And great for kids too.

Wanda said...

What a cool house! I am so glad to hear that you love it too! Did you get all your stuff in it or did you have to find a storage place?